When investing in real estate, there are a number of questions you should ask yourself, such as:
- What kinds of insurance should I buy for my commercial building?
- What are ‘Fixtures’?
- If I am buying commercial real estate, what should go into my contract?
- I am looking at a small shopping centre that I may want to buy. How do shopping centre leases work?
- Who is a Landlord?
- Who is a Tenant?
- Who is a Subtenant?
- What is a lease or rental agreement?
- What should a lease or rental agreement include?
- Is there a difference between a residential and a commercial lease?
- What is zoning?
- What else do zoning laws regulate?
- What is a Purchase Option?
- A building I am considering is occupied by several commercial tenants. If I buy the building, can I evict them?
- I have heard the term “build-out”. What does it mean?
- What improvements will be made?
- Who will pay for these improvements?
- Who will be in charge of getting the work done?
- What will the tenant be permitted (or required) to remove at the end of the lease?
- What is a “nuisance”?
- What is Escrow?
- How should I take legal title to commercial property?
- Can a deal go ahead even if there is a defect in the legal title?
- What is “eminent domain”?
For the industrial, commercial, and multi-residential developers, we have accumulated a wealth of knowledge in land development, building and the sale of all types of buildings.
Property Management is a natural extension of this expertise with many apartments and other income producing complexes in our portfolio of Property Management through-out Southern Ontario.
One of our knowledgeable agents can help you with these types of investments. We specialize in commercial, industrial and residential real estate investments and property management issues.